Friday, May 26, 2006

City Center (used to be the center of our scene)

Some might say that pictures are worth a thousand words. I say that's the coward's way out; whatever a picture conveys can easily take a thousand more words to contextualize, nuance, qualify, and analyze (Art Spiegelman makes this point beautifully in his cover article in the current Harpers on the Danish cartoons and the ensuing controversy... I'd link to it, but it doesn't seem to be up on the web yet; get out to a newsstand and pick it up... now!).

That said, the pictures/words ratio in this post is going to be rather high. I haven't taken a ton of pictures just yet (most of the areas of Nairobi I've been hanging around in are not really touristy, so a white dude with a digital camera sticks out just a wee bit), but its 8 PM and I haven't had dinner yet, so I'll get a few things up and comment on them a bit down the road.





1 comment:

Laia Balcells said...

beautiful!!


of all your post, what worries me the most is that you are having dinner after 8pm! those are the effects of living in another continent;)

happy to get to see pictures.