Sunday, April 08, 2007

I'm Gonna Tell it Like a Comeback Story



I spent the last 10 days out in the field doing a household census of two administrative sublocations, after which I attended a traditional Maasai wedding and a circumcision ceremony for two teenage boys. There was much singing and dancing, as well as the eating of fried meat soaked in blood. I hope to post more pictures and stories before I head back into the field on Wednesday or so. Until then, I leave you with this:

The other day I met a man called "Kidole Sita", which means "Six Fingers" in Swahili. It is not an ironic nickname.

1 comment:

Mark Lee said...

wow, you wrote the phrases "circumcision ceremony" and "fried meat soaked in blood" uncomfortably close together. well, come to think of it, i made them even closer.

uh, yeah. happy easter! do they have jesus out in kenya?